ATHLETICS: Fenland Running Club duo celebrate anniversary with half marathon
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland Running club husband and wife celebrated their first wedding anniversary with a half-marathon!
Justin and Kirsty Brown tackled the Ibano Bank Robin Hood race in Nottingham last Sunday.
Justin finished 3,756th in a time of 2:15.53 while Kirsty was 6,053rd in 3:13.43.
Clubmates Andre Pittock and Andy Wicklen took part in the full marathon at the Robin Hood event.
Pittock was 218th in 3:48.15 while Wicklen completed in 4:45.14 for 745th place.
You may also want to watch:
Bethan Everson enjoyed a fine result in the Great East Run at Ipswich.
She broke the 90-minute barrier with a personal best of 1:29.34 to finish as the third senior lady.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Another best was set by Jane Clarke as she finished 65th in the Bouda Vida Women’s 10k in Windsor with a 53.30 effort.
But the best result of all came from Andrew Plume, who was second in the Monster Racing Ultra event – a 42.25 mile test from Ely to Cambridge and back again. He completed it in 5:29.33.