ATHLETICS: Fenland Running Club duo celebrate anniversary with half marathon
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland Running club husband and wife celebrated their first wedding anniversary with a half-marathon!
Justin and Kirsty Brown tackled the Ibano Bank Robin Hood race in Nottingham last Sunday.
Justin finished 3,756th in a time of 2:15.53 while Kirsty was 6,053rd in 3:13.43.
Clubmates Andre Pittock and Andy Wicklen took part in the full marathon at the Robin Hood event.
Pittock was 218th in 3:48.15 while Wicklen completed in 4:45.14 for 745th place.
You may also want to watch:
Bethan Everson enjoyed a fine result in the Great East Run at Ipswich.
She broke the 90-minute barrier with a personal best of 1:29.34 to finish as the third senior lady.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Another best was set by Jane Clarke as she finished 65th in the Bouda Vida Women’s 10k in Windsor with a 53.30 effort.
But the best result of all came from Andrew Plume, who was second in the Monster Racing Ultra event – a 42.25 mile test from Ely to Cambridge and back again. He completed it in 5:29.33.