ATHLETICS: Andrew eases to top 10 finish at Eye 10k
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Plume continued his fine recent form by finishing in the top 10 of Fenland Running Club’s new Club Championship Series.
Plume finished the Eye Community Runners 10k in eighth place out of a field of over 500, shaving two seconds off his previous personal best time with 36:06.
He wasn’t the only FRC runner to post new best times, with Graham Milham, Rod Sinnott, Richard Agger and Aaron Petts hitting career bests.
Martin Jennings finished 13th overall, and Jane Greenwood picked up the prize of first FV60 in a time of 52:06.
There were more awards for FRC as 3rd Mens Team in the form of Andrew Plume, Martin Jennings and Graham Milham and as the 3rd Ladies Team in the form of Claudia Milburn, Sarah Gauvin and Maire Irlam.
Full results: Andrew Plume 8th 36:06 (PB); Martin Jennings 13th 36:51; Graham Milham 37th 41:07 (PB); Rod Sinnott 42nd 41:29 (PB); Stuart Follen 47th 41:53; Richard Agger 72nd 43:35 (PB); Tom Richards 85th 44:43; Claudia Milburn 86th 44:48; Sarah Gauvin 99th 45:49; Nigel Seale 112th 46:22; maire Irlam 121st 46:43; Paul Wiegand 127th 47:01; Ann Trett 134th 47:27; Ian Milburn 138th 47:38; Nicky Jennings 165th 49:13; Jane Greenwood 224th 52:06; Sam Lyddiatt 230th 52:31; Aaron Petts 268th 54:41 (PB); Julie Garner 346th 59:02; Carol Slater-Garner 360th 1:00:12 (PB).
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks