Appleby targets a defender and midfielder
WISBECH Town manager Steve Appleby is looking to bring a defender and a midfielder to the club. He said: I ve inherited a squad that is a bit unbalanced. I m playing two strikers up-front, strikers on both wings and have a couple of decent strikers on th
WISBECH Town manager Steve Appleby is looking to bring a defender and a midfielder to the club.
He said: "I've inherited a squad that is a bit unbalanced. I'm playing two strikers up-front, strikers on both wings and have a couple of decent strikers on the bench but have a lack of options in defence and midfield and a left-back is a priority.
"I can't confirm any names yet but hope to make a signing within 10 days."
Appleby enjoyed his first league victory on Saturday when Wisbech beat bottom club Wivenhoe 5-2 at home.
You may also want to watch:
But three goals in the last 10 minutes added gloss to the victory.
Appleby said: "The Wivenhoe players seem to be pulling together in adversity and didn't look like a bottom club. We deserved to win but it was far from comfortable."
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
Wisbech went behind but Scott Cubberley equalised with a 55th-minute penalty.
The same man made it 2-1 from close range two minutes later but the visitors equalised nine minutes later.
Robbie Harris made it 3-2 in the 83rd minute after good work from Rory Harper and Harper headed home from three yards five minutes later.
Darren Jimson's fine finish on the turn from a near-post corner completed the scoring in stoppage time.