Appleby targets a defender and midfielder
WISBECH Town manager Steve Appleby is looking to bring a defender and a midfielder to the club. He said: I ve inherited a squad that is a bit unbalanced. I m playing two strikers up-front, strikers on both wings and have a couple of decent strikers on th
WISBECH Town manager Steve Appleby is looking to bring a defender and a midfielder to the club.
He said: "I've inherited a squad that is a bit unbalanced. I'm playing two strikers up-front, strikers on both wings and have a couple of decent strikers on the bench but have a lack of options in defence and midfield and a left-back is a priority.
"I can't confirm any names yet but hope to make a signing within 10 days."
Appleby enjoyed his first league victory on Saturday when Wisbech beat bottom club Wivenhoe 5-2 at home.
You may also want to watch:
But three goals in the last 10 minutes added gloss to the victory.
Appleby said: "The Wivenhoe players seem to be pulling together in adversity and didn't look like a bottom club. We deserved to win but it was far from comfortable."
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 10 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
Wisbech went behind but Scott Cubberley equalised with a 55th-minute penalty.
The same man made it 2-1 from close range two minutes later but the visitors equalised nine minutes later.
Robbie Harris made it 3-2 in the 83rd minute after good work from Rory Harper and Harper headed home from three yards five minutes later.
Darren Jimson's fine finish on the turn from a near-post corner completed the scoring in stoppage time.