Appleby insists Treacher and Turner still have a future at Wisbech Town after pair leave on loan
WISBECH Town boss Steve Appleby has insisted Tommy Treacher and Aaron Turner still have a future at the club despite allowing the pair to leave on loan.
Both players have struggled to nail down a regular starting role this campaign as the Fenmen aim for their highest league finish in seven years.
Fans’ favourite Treacher will rejoin former club Holbeach United despite scoring from the bench in Tuesday’s 5-0 win over Histon Reserves.
A timescale for the popular striker’s loan-spell is yet to be agreed, but he is set to make his first appearance in Tuesday’s United Counties League derby against Boston Town.
Wideman Turner has returned to Lakenheath Town for the rest of the season after impressing during a one-month loan spell at the club earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Appleby said: “Both players are part of my squad and my future plans but they just haven’t played enough lately and they need some game time.
“The lads in front of them have kept them on the bench with their performances so I thought it was better to allow them to get some much-needed action.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
First-choice strikers Andy Furnell and Ash Stevens bagged a brace on Tuesday night and the signing of 28-year-old midfielder Adam Weston has further limited Turner’s chances of forcing his way into the side.
Wisbech Town return to action on Saturday in a Wisbech Standard sponsored clash with Walsham-le-Willows.