Antony Curton Primary School pupils amaze and take home Marshland schools cross country trophy
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from the Anthony Curton Primary School emerged as the proud champions of the Marshland Cluster of Primary Schools Cross Country Tournament, in a hard fought battle.
Over 130 children took part in the race last month, drawn from Anthony Curton Primary, Tilney All Saints Primary, Emneth Primary, Marshland St James Primary, West Walton Primary and Walpole Highway Primary.
A joint team from Terrington St John and Tilney St Lawrence Primary Schools also competed.
The course, run at Walpole St Peter, saw some outstanding achievements and excellent effort from all the children, but the overall Champions Trophy went to Anthony Curton Primary School, who won the boys competition and came second in the girls’ event.
Aime Muscat, from Anthony Curton primary School, won the girls’ race.
The winner of the boys’ race was Riley Carter from West Walton Primary.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire