Antony Curton Primary School pupils amaze and take home Marshland schools cross country trophy
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from the Anthony Curton Primary School emerged as the proud champions of the Marshland Cluster of Primary Schools Cross Country Tournament, in a hard fought battle.
Over 130 children took part in the race last month, drawn from Anthony Curton Primary, Tilney All Saints Primary, Emneth Primary, Marshland St James Primary, West Walton Primary and Walpole Highway Primary.
A joint team from Terrington St John and Tilney St Lawrence Primary Schools also competed.
The course, run at Walpole St Peter, saw some outstanding achievements and excellent effort from all the children, but the overall Champions Trophy went to Anthony Curton Primary School, who won the boys competition and came second in the girls’ event.
Aime Muscat, from Anthony Curton primary School, won the girls’ race.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the boys’ race was Riley Carter from West Walton Primary.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son