Another late goal makes it four points in four days for Wisbech
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Wisbech Town 2 Woodbridge Town 2 THE Fenmen moved closer to securing their Premier Division survival after claiming their fourth point in as many days. And just like Saturday s 2-1 win at Norwich United, Wisbech relied on a late
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Wisbech Town 2 Woodbridge Town 2
THE Fenmen moved closer to securing their Premier Division survival after claiming their fourth point in as many days.
And just like Saturday's 2-1 win at Norwich United, Wisbech relied on a late goal when they drew with Woodbridge on Tuesday night to move eight points clear of the Norfolk club, who occupy the final relegation spot.
You may also want to watch:
It was the sensational Stuart King who grabbed the point as Wisbech came from behind twice.
The midfielder burst through the centre of the park to lob the Woodbridge goalkeeper with a first-time shot in the 88th minute.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
The visitors went 1-0 up after 22 minutes with a close-range header from a free-kick after poor defending.
Stuart Cobb equalised with a header at the back post after a cross from the left five minutes later but Woodbridge restored their lead after more poor defending following a 72nd-minute corner.
A tactical change saw Darren Edey come off the bench to add a physical presence in the Wisbech attack and King moved into an advanced midfield role.
The switch paid off when the midfielder burst through to grab the crucial point.
Scott Cubberley was the Wisbech hero on Saturday when he scored a 93rd-minute winner from the penalty spot, after a foul on King, who was superb through-out the match.
Earlier, Darren Jimson fired Wisbech into the lead in the 53rd minute and Shaun Bammant converted a cross to equalise in the 80th minute.