AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1 - 1 Wisbech Town - late, late heartbreak for the valiant Fenmen
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town were denied a stunning win at leaders AFC Rushden & Diamonds by an equaliser deep into stoppage time.
In front of a crowd of 930 people at the Dog and Duck stadium, the Fenmen made the perfect start.
In the 11th minute, Luke Wilson met Adam Millson’s free kick with a glancing header which flew into the top corner.
The Fenmen found themselves under siege late on but it looked like they would hold firm.
However, in the 98th minute, Brad Harris’ header from a corner just crept over the line to send the home crowd into raptures.
You may also want to watch:
The gap between the two sides battling it out to be United Counties League champions remains four points, with seven league games to play.
Wisbech’s next game is at home to AFC Kempston Rovers in the UCL on Saturday.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph