AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1 - 1 Wisbech Town - late, late heartbreak for the valiant Fenmen
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town were denied a stunning win at leaders AFC Rushden & Diamonds by an equaliser deep into stoppage time.
In front of a crowd of 930 people at the Dog and Duck stadium, the Fenmen made the perfect start.
In the 11th minute, Luke Wilson met Adam Millson’s free kick with a glancing header which flew into the top corner.
The Fenmen found themselves under siege late on but it looked like they would hold firm.
However, in the 98th minute, Brad Harris’ header from a corner just crept over the line to send the home crowd into raptures.
You may also want to watch:
The gap between the two sides battling it out to be United Counties League champions remains four points, with seven league games to play.
Wisbech’s next game is at home to AFC Kempston Rovers in the UCL on Saturday.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running