ABA Eastern Counties finals to be held in Littleport
THE region s top boxers will trade blows at the ABA Eastern Counties finals in Littleport this month. The matches, set to take place at the All Comers Club on March 20 at 7.30pm, are the first time the ABA finals have come to East Cambridgeshire. Tom Hick
THE region's top boxers will trade blows at the ABA Eastern Counties finals in Littleport this month.
The matches, set to take place at the All Comers Club on March 20 at 7.30pm, are the first time the ABA finals have come to East Cambridgeshire.
Tom Hickson, sports development officer at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "The Eastern Counties Boxing Finals are one of the most prestigious events to take place in the boxing calendar and it is a real honour for them to come to East Cambridgeshire. It is a mark of how seriously the ABA take the recent development of the sport in the District.
"I hope lots of people take the chance to come along to the finals and cheer on our local boxers."
You may also want to watch:
Alfie Smith, one of the club's 60 members, is due to fight in the National CYP semi-finals in Haslemere, Surrey on Sunday along with Chatteris puncher Jordan Gill, Wisbech's Eli Frankham and Haddenham's Tyler Goodjohn.
For more information about the Littleport show, call 01354 680469 or to book tickets call 01353 777189.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation