89th-minute equaliser rescues point for Wisbech Town
Ridgeons Premier Division: Wisbech Town 1 Stanway Rovers 1
DARREN Jimson’s 89th-minute equaliser rescued a point for Wisbech Town as they drew 1-1 with Stanway Rovers.
The visitors took the lead on 15 minutes when Ross Norfolk bundled the ball home and seemed intent to hold onto what they had as the game progressed.
The Fenmen improved after the break and a more attacking approach paid off as Jimson’s shot crept into the far post following Simon Flanz’s quickly taken free-kick.
Stanway rode their luck in the dying moments as they survived a penalty scare after a handball appeal. They were also reduced to ten men.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s website editor, Spencer Larham, said: “We were much better in the second half but still not as good as we can be.
“In the end I suppose we’re just glad to get a point and credit must go to the ground staff who worked extremely hard to get the game played.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
“It was in doubt at 9.30am so well done to David Parsons and his team.”
The Fenmen travel to table-topping Dereham Town in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons League Challenge Cup First Round.