Youth Club launches its own promotional film with a premiere at The Light cinema in Wisbech.
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Youth Club launched its own promotional film with a premiere at a local cinema.
The club went to the Light Cinema in Wisbech where they got to see the finished film on the biggest screen in the cinema.
Deputy mayor David Hodgson also came along, as did Claire Claxton, the principal of Thomas Clarkson Academy.
It was an exciting moment for the youngsters who put in hours of work on the film.
They not only starred in the seven-minute-long production but were also responsible for filming it and recording the sound.
You may also want to watch:
It shows the activities that go on at youth club and included interviews with members.
The film was well received by the audience and there were plenty of laughs and cringes from the children as they saw themselves on the big screen.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
The youngsters were then treated to being the first ones to watch family sci-fi film Earth to Echo.
The Year 6 to Year 7 Youth Club runs from Centre 4 Youth Centre at the Queen Mary Centre every Tuesday from 3.45 – 5.30pm.
The first session is free and 70p afterwards.
The sessions restart on September 16 after the summer break. If you would like any information on the Youth Club please call Laura Shreeve on 07789-723864.