Youth Club launches its own promotional film with a premiere at The Light cinema in Wisbech.
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Youth Club launched its own promotional film with a premiere at a local cinema.
The club went to the Light Cinema in Wisbech where they got to see the finished film on the biggest screen in the cinema.
Deputy mayor David Hodgson also came along, as did Claire Claxton, the principal of Thomas Clarkson Academy.
It was an exciting moment for the youngsters who put in hours of work on the film.
They not only starred in the seven-minute-long production but were also responsible for filming it and recording the sound.
It shows the activities that go on at youth club and included interviews with members.
The film was well received by the audience and there were plenty of laughs and cringes from the children as they saw themselves on the big screen.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
The youngsters were then treated to being the first ones to watch family sci-fi film Earth to Echo.
The Year 6 to Year 7 Youth Club runs from Centre 4 Youth Centre at the Queen Mary Centre every Tuesday from 3.45 – 5.30pm.
The first session is free and 70p afterwards.
The sessions restart on September 16 after the summer break. If you would like any information on the Youth Club please call Laura Shreeve on 07789-723864.