Youth, 16, questioned on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm after man in his 50s found in Wisbech with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old youth is in custody after being arrested on suspicion of assault after a man in his 50s was found in Wisbech last night with serious injuries.
A massive police operation began shortly after 7.30pm last night to find the assailant after the victim was found in Church Terrace, Wisbech.
The man was taken to hospital with serious injuries and a police spokesman described his condition as stable.
Police immediately cordoned off a large area in and around St Peter’s Gardens and a forensics team was brought in to help.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or has information about it should call police on 101 quoting incident 450 of 1 March or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
You may also want to watch:
The youth arrested later is said to be from Wisbech and was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm. He remains in custody.
The police spokesman said: “Legally the boy has anonymity – please do not speculate about his identity.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
“If you have information about the incident you can still provide this by calling 101 or reporting online.”