Young supporters of �1million Waterlees playground to release book documenting the site’s development
YOUNG supporters of the new �1million adventure playground in the Waterlees area of Wisbech are set to release a book documenting the site’s development.
The Waterlees playground is being built on the area known as the Spinney, and the Wisbech Adventure Playground Documentary Group (WAPDoG) have been researching the area’s history.
The youngsters have collected pictures, photos, drawings, poems, stories and history about the site to produce a book that is being supported by Atelier East.
Brandon Mattless, lead young artist on the project, said: “I have really enjoyed this project and meeting different residents of all ages.
“I hope everyone gets something out of it and that everyone has enjoyed making it too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very grateful for the support we have received while creating the book which will be available to buy online soon.”
Bethanie, another member of the group said that “talking to people from the community has helped me gain confidence which will help me in the future.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
Visit www.atelier-east.co.uk for further information.