Young supporters of �1million Waterlees playground to release book documenting the site’s development
YOUNG supporters of the new �1million adventure playground in the Waterlees area of Wisbech are set to release a book documenting the site’s development.
The Waterlees playground is being built on the area known as the Spinney, and the Wisbech Adventure Playground Documentary Group (WAPDoG) have been researching the area’s history.
The youngsters have collected pictures, photos, drawings, poems, stories and history about the site to produce a book that is being supported by Atelier East.
Brandon Mattless, lead young artist on the project, said: “I have really enjoyed this project and meeting different residents of all ages.
“I hope everyone gets something out of it and that everyone has enjoyed making it too.
“We’re all very grateful for the support we have received while creating the book which will be available to buy online soon.”
Bethanie, another member of the group said that “talking to people from the community has helped me gain confidence which will help me in the future.”
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 8 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 9 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 10 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
Visit www.atelier-east.co.uk for further information.