Young supporters of �1million Waterlees playground to release book documenting the site’s development
YOUNG supporters of the new �1million adventure playground in the Waterlees area of Wisbech are set to release a book documenting the site’s development.
The Waterlees playground is being built on the area known as the Spinney, and the Wisbech Adventure Playground Documentary Group (WAPDoG) have been researching the area’s history.
The youngsters have collected pictures, photos, drawings, poems, stories and history about the site to produce a book that is being supported by Atelier East.
Brandon Mattless, lead young artist on the project, said: “I have really enjoyed this project and meeting different residents of all ages.
“I hope everyone gets something out of it and that everyone has enjoyed making it too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very grateful for the support we have received while creating the book which will be available to buy online soon.”
Bethanie, another member of the group said that “talking to people from the community has helped me gain confidence which will help me in the future.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Visit www.atelier-east.co.uk for further information.