Young supporters of �1million Waterlees playground to release book documenting the site’s development
YOUNG supporters of the new �1million adventure playground in the Waterlees area of Wisbech are set to release a book documenting the site’s development.
The Waterlees playground is being built on the area known as the Spinney, and the Wisbech Adventure Playground Documentary Group (WAPDoG) have been researching the area’s history.
The youngsters have collected pictures, photos, drawings, poems, stories and history about the site to produce a book that is being supported by Atelier East.
Brandon Mattless, lead young artist on the project, said: “I have really enjoyed this project and meeting different residents of all ages.
“I hope everyone gets something out of it and that everyone has enjoyed making it too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very grateful for the support we have received while creating the book which will be available to buy online soon.”
Bethanie, another member of the group said that “talking to people from the community has helped me gain confidence which will help me in the future.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
Visit www.atelier-east.co.uk for further information.