Young Ramnoth Junior School pupil impresses judges with peace poster and progresses in Lions worldwide competition
- Credit: Archant
A year six pupil’s peace poster will feature in a worldwide competition after being picked as the best in Wisbech.
Ramnoth Junior School pupils Laurynas Budrys’ poster was praised for its originality, artistic merit and portrayal of the contest theme “Peace, Love and Understanding” by a panel of judges.
Laurynas’ poster has been entered into the 27th annual Lions International Peace Poster Contest, which is sponsored by Lions Clubs International.
He was awarded with a winner’s certificate and a £30 cash voucher by Wisbech Lions Club president Raymond Hill.
Ugnius Grevys and Iveta Sliaukeryte were also awarded certificates and cash vouchers for second and third placed entries.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Lions Club president Raymond Hill, speaking about the entrants, said: ”It is obvious that these young people have strong ideas about what peace means to them.
“I`m so proud that we were able to provide them with the opportunity to share their visions.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
One grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners will be selected. The grand prize includes a cash award of £3,000. The 23 merit award winners will each receive a certificate and a cash award of £300.
Lions Club International is the world’s largest service club organisation with 1.35 million members in more than 46,000 clubs in 208 countries and geographic areas.