Young Ramnoth Junior School pupil impresses judges with peace poster and progresses in Lions worldwide competition
- Credit: Archant
A year six pupil’s peace poster will feature in a worldwide competition after being picked as the best in Wisbech.
Ramnoth Junior School pupils Laurynas Budrys’ poster was praised for its originality, artistic merit and portrayal of the contest theme “Peace, Love and Understanding” by a panel of judges.
Laurynas’ poster has been entered into the 27th annual Lions International Peace Poster Contest, which is sponsored by Lions Clubs International.
He was awarded with a winner’s certificate and a £30 cash voucher by Wisbech Lions Club president Raymond Hill.
Ugnius Grevys and Iveta Sliaukeryte were also awarded certificates and cash vouchers for second and third placed entries.
Wisbech Lions Club president Raymond Hill, speaking about the entrants, said: ”It is obvious that these young people have strong ideas about what peace means to them.
“I`m so proud that we were able to provide them with the opportunity to share their visions.”
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
One grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners will be selected. The grand prize includes a cash award of £3,000. The 23 merit award winners will each receive a certificate and a cash award of £300.
Lions Club International is the world’s largest service club organisation with 1.35 million members in more than 46,000 clubs in 208 countries and geographic areas.