Young political activist Rosie from Emneth inspired by MP Caroline Lucas at Green Party conference
- Credit: Archant
A young political activist from Emneth experienced her first Green Party conference ... and got to share her views with the party’s main figureheads.
At the conference, held in Bournemouth, Green Party member Rosie Woolgar met MP Caroline Lucas and party leader Natalie Bennett. She attended meetings, workshops, panels, training sessions and plenaries.
She said: ”All the people I met were so open and easy to talk to. The whole event was so inclusive. Not only was I able to talk to Caroline, who was an inspiring speaker, but I chatted with Natalie Bennett, the Green Party leader who is really interested in what is happening in our part of the world, in both local and national politics.”
Rosie and colleague Lauren Reide are launching the West Norfolk Young Greens with support from the main party.
She said: “We’re working so that the Young Greens group in West Norfolk is going to be as enthusiastic and motivated as the conference goers were and that we can establish a really great group of friendly people who are keen to actively engage in the forum.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in getting involved with the Young Greens contact Rosie on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07473 637386
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’