Young political activist Rosie from Emneth inspired by MP Caroline Lucas at Green Party conference
- Credit: Archant
A young political activist from Emneth experienced her first Green Party conference ... and got to share her views with the party’s main figureheads.
At the conference, held in Bournemouth, Green Party member Rosie Woolgar met MP Caroline Lucas and party leader Natalie Bennett. She attended meetings, workshops, panels, training sessions and plenaries.
She said: ”All the people I met were so open and easy to talk to. The whole event was so inclusive. Not only was I able to talk to Caroline, who was an inspiring speaker, but I chatted with Natalie Bennett, the Green Party leader who is really interested in what is happening in our part of the world, in both local and national politics.”
Rosie and colleague Lauren Reide are launching the West Norfolk Young Greens with support from the main party.
She said: “We’re working so that the Young Greens group in West Norfolk is going to be as enthusiastic and motivated as the conference goers were and that we can establish a really great group of friendly people who are keen to actively engage in the forum.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in getting involved with the Young Greens contact Rosie on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07473 637386
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online