Young motorist dies in early morning crash on the A10 at Downham Market
A YOUNG motorist has died following a two vehicle crash on the A10 today.
Police are appealing for information following the collision on the A10 at Downham Market this morning.
The incident happened at about 7.40am about a mile from Downham Market close to the Wimbotsham turning when a Renault people carrier and Renault traffic van were involved in a collision.
The young male driver of the people carrier sadly died as a result of the collision and two other people were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital suffering minor injuries.
The road remains closed with diversions in place is due to re-open in about an hour.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Matthew Price at Swaffham Roads Policing on 0845 456 4567
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week