YOU DECIDE: On line poll puts Tories ahead, Labour second but real voting is tomorrow
LABOUR S vote in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line poll has held up remarkably well – but the real voting begins tomorrow. And if the opinion polls conducted by national newspapers are anything to go by Labour could be heading for third if not fo
LABOUR'S 'vote' in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line poll has held up remarkably well - but the real voting begins tomorrow.
And if the opinion polls conducted by national newspapers are anything to go by Labour could be heading for third if not fourth place in the overall share of the national vote.
By the time we took down our pre-election poll today, more than 4,600 votes had been cast.
Conservatives came out top with 1,843 votes, followed by Labour on 1,584 votes and Lib Democrats on 672 votes.
UKIP maintained fourth place consistently throughout the month long poll, which also featured on our sister website, www.camb24.co.uk.
At close of play UKIP had secured 245 votes, with independents and others on 112, Greens on 77, and the number of 'don't knows' just 72.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
Voting is tomorrow for both Cambridgeshire County Council elections and for European elections.
On Friday, as the county council results are declared, you can keep up date with voting across Cambridgeshire via this website.