You can now air your dirty laundy... in the street, thanks to Horsefair Shopping Centre’s 24/7 outdoor launderette
- Credit: Archant
An outdoor launderette is being unveiled in Wisbech today at the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
“We think a lot of local people will find this launderette very useful, especially as it will be open 24/7,” said a spokesman for the centre.
Offering users two different wash loads; eight kg and 18kg, as well as an 18kg dryer, the Revolution 24 outdoor washer costs between £2 and £8 to use.
However, one person said on social media: “That is one crazy idea.
“Love the concept but why would you want to pull out your dirty laundry in the middle of town?”
You may also want to watch:
The first outdoor launderette of its kind opened in Nottingham in 2014.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire