You can now air your dirty laundy... in the street, thanks to Horsefair Shopping Centre’s 24/7 outdoor launderette
- Credit: Archant
An outdoor launderette is being unveiled in Wisbech today at the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
“We think a lot of local people will find this launderette very useful, especially as it will be open 24/7,” said a spokesman for the centre.
Offering users two different wash loads; eight kg and 18kg, as well as an 18kg dryer, the Revolution 24 outdoor washer costs between £2 and £8 to use.
However, one person said on social media: “That is one crazy idea.
“Love the concept but why would you want to pull out your dirty laundry in the middle of town?”
You may also want to watch:
The first outdoor launderette of its kind opened in Nottingham in 2014.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl