Xbox threatened when water fight turned sour
THE fun of water horseplay on the hottest day of the year turned sour when teenager Rebecca Hare became annoyed and threatened to damage a friend’s Xbox games console.
“It was his pride and joy, and she knew that the threat would lead him to react very strongly,” Fenland magistrates were told.
Hare, 19, of Ramnoth Road, Wisbech, admitted using threatening words or behaviour during the incident on July 21. She was given a six month conditional discharge.
Prosecuting, William Powell said Hare and a male friend had been using water pistols, with the fun lasting around two hours.
But things changed when water was thrown in a bedroom, explained Mr Powell. Hare became cross, and her friend wound her up.
You may also want to watch:
“She decided to draw a line under it, and she threatened his Xbox,” said Mr Powell. “She said that if he did not behave, that is what would happen.”
Imposing a six-month conditional discharge on Hare, presiding magistrate Alan Jones told her: “The phrase “six of one and half a dozen of the other” comes to mind.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash