World War two is recreated in a dance and film show in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Vintage war footage and 1940s music will accompany a dance show being staged in Wisbech to tell the story of WW2.
LJ Dance Academy has combined old news reel, pivotal moments such as the D Day landings and speeches, which will be projected on to a large on-stage screen to form a backdrop to the dance show which has been in the making for more than a year.
Laura Jayne Shippey, who has put the show together, said: “There are 90 people from toddlers up to adults and we have been working really hard to get this ready.
“It combines dance, film, music.
“I teach street dance and ballet so it has been a challenge to find music from the era that the dancers can fit their style to, but we have done it.
You may also want to watch:
“We have evacuees, land girls, poppy girls. It has been hard work but worth it.”
Laura-Jayne, who is 25 weeks pregnant, said she has been given a lot of extra support from helpers this year because of her expecting her first baby.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
One dancer Amy Milligan has pulled out the stops to make scores of costumes for the young dancers.
• This Is War is an hour long show at the Thomas Clarkson Academy theatre on Friday November 30 at 7.30pm and Saturday December 1 at 3pm. Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for children.