World Paralympic Champion Jody Cundy is guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club after gold medal success in Rio de Janeiro
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic champion and multi gold medal winning cyclist Jody Cundy was the guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club April meeting.
The group meet on the second Wednesday of every month at the Mendi’s restaurant to ‘create fellowship’ and promote business in and around Wisbech.
Guests occasionally drop by to talk to club members, including Paul McVeigh, ex Tottenham football player, George Russell, McLaren Formula 4 champion, and Sir Graham Bright, former Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
This time it was Jody’s turn in the spotlight at the Wisbech venue as Tony Yates, club chairman, welcomed 44 members and guests.
Members sent warm wishes for a recovery to John Groom, the club’s vice-chairman, who has had a serious operation and is still in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The Paralympics champion spoke of how he was born with a deformed right foot and at the age of three part of his leg was amputated.
Mr Cundy has achieved 14 world titles with the British Team Paracycling during his career.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
A spokesman said: “We in Wisbech should be so proud of Jodie’s achievements and wish him well for the rest of his career.”
He was thanked on behalf of the club by member David Brooker.
The next meeting is on Wednesday May 9.