World Paralympic Champion Jody Cundy is guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club after gold medal success in Rio de Janeiro
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic champion and multi gold medal winning cyclist Jody Cundy was the guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club April meeting.
The group meet on the second Wednesday of every month at the Mendi’s restaurant to ‘create fellowship’ and promote business in and around Wisbech.
Guests occasionally drop by to talk to club members, including Paul McVeigh, ex Tottenham football player, George Russell, McLaren Formula 4 champion, and Sir Graham Bright, former Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
This time it was Jody’s turn in the spotlight at the Wisbech venue as Tony Yates, club chairman, welcomed 44 members and guests.
Members sent warm wishes for a recovery to John Groom, the club’s vice-chairman, who has had a serious operation and is still in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The Paralympics champion spoke of how he was born with a deformed right foot and at the age of three part of his leg was amputated.
Mr Cundy has achieved 14 world titles with the British Team Paracycling during his career.
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
A spokesman said: “We in Wisbech should be so proud of Jodie’s achievements and wish him well for the rest of his career.”
He was thanked on behalf of the club by member David Brooker.
The next meeting is on Wednesday May 9.