World Paralympic Champion Jody Cundy is guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club after gold medal success in Rio de Janeiro
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic champion and multi gold medal winning cyclist Jody Cundy was the guest speaker at Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club April meeting.
The group meet on the second Wednesday of every month at the Mendi’s restaurant to ‘create fellowship’ and promote business in and around Wisbech.
Guests occasionally drop by to talk to club members, including Paul McVeigh, ex Tottenham football player, George Russell, McLaren Formula 4 champion, and Sir Graham Bright, former Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
This time it was Jody’s turn in the spotlight at the Wisbech venue as Tony Yates, club chairman, welcomed 44 members and guests.
Members sent warm wishes for a recovery to John Groom, the club’s vice-chairman, who has had a serious operation and is still in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The Paralympics champion spoke of how he was born with a deformed right foot and at the age of three part of his leg was amputated.
Mr Cundy has achieved 14 world titles with the British Team Paracycling during his career.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
A spokesman said: “We in Wisbech should be so proud of Jodie’s achievements and wish him well for the rest of his career.”
He was thanked on behalf of the club by member David Brooker.
The next meeting is on Wednesday May 9.