Work set to start on Monday on new link road in Wisbech as part of Nene regeneration project
WORK will start on Monday on the latest phase of Fenland District Council s Nene Waterfront project in Wisbech. It will involve the construction of a new link road from Chase Street to Dehavilland Road and a new rear access to the town s police station. T
WORK will start on Monday on the latest phase of Fenland District Council's Nene Waterfront project in Wisbech.
It will involve the construction of a new link road from Chase Street to Dehavilland Road and a new rear access to the town's police station.
The work is aimed at improving traffic flows in the area and will allow the pedestrianisation of Nene Parade to be completed once the new road is open to traffic.
There will be some disruption to traffic in Chase Street and Dehavilland Road to allow new sewer connections to be made but this is not expected to last for more than a few days.
You may also want to watch:
The whole job is expected to take 18 weeks, with completion by early August.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors