Work set to start on Monday on new link road in Wisbech as part of Nene regeneration project
WORK will start on Monday on the latest phase of Fenland District Council s Nene Waterfront project in Wisbech. It will involve the construction of a new link road from Chase Street to Dehavilland Road and a new rear access to the town s police station. T
WORK will start on Monday on the latest phase of Fenland District Council's Nene Waterfront project in Wisbech.
It will involve the construction of a new link road from Chase Street to Dehavilland Road and a new rear access to the town's police station.
The work is aimed at improving traffic flows in the area and will allow the pedestrianisation of Nene Parade to be completed once the new road is open to traffic.
There will be some disruption to traffic in Chase Street and Dehavilland Road to allow new sewer connections to be made but this is not expected to last for more than a few days.
You may also want to watch:
The whole job is expected to take 18 weeks, with completion by early August.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide