WOMEN IN BUSINESS: Amanda's on a mission to help others
AMANDA Carlin is fighting the doom and gloom of the credit crunch providing services for other businesses on a virtual and worldwide level. The Wimblington resident started out in business as a freelance marketer and PR consultant to a number of companies
AMANDA Carlin is fighting the doom and gloom of the credit crunch providing services for other businesses on a virtual and worldwide level.
The Wimblington resident started out in business as a freelance marketer and PR consultant to a number of companies in the UK. But she soon recognised that many business owners didn't just need assistance with marketing and PR, they needed PA services and often did not have room or resources for that to work successfully.
Amanda added Virtual Assistance to the services she provided, it was a popular and successful move and won Amanda more and more business.
Then increase in business meant it was necessary for Amanda to get assistance from trusted sources such as ex-colleagues and associates - people that Amanda knew would provide as equally a high standard of finished work as she would.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "Now we have a dedicated, highly professional and efficient team of nine, this one stop shop for all business service requirements is ready and open for enquiries whether they are large or small."
Her team members possess a whole host of skills between them including sales, marketing, PR, lead generation, telemarketing, telesales, event management and organisation , corporate floristry, logo design, marketing, journalism, data entry, data capture, book keeping, call answering, dedicated business lines, recruitment, CV writing and interview skills.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
Amanda has moved her head office to Compass House in Cambridge. She said: "The move and company expansion has been great. We are now able to provide every service possible for any business on a virtual and worldwide level. We offer a highly professional and efficient service and I am delighted with the response we have been given from our clients."
* AS Amanda has been able to progress so positively in such a negative business environment, she wanted to help others who are starting up businesses or those wanting to expand.
The idea was the spur behind Get2Business 09 initiative. Having come up with the idea Amanda discussed it with Business Link who agreed it would be beneficial to hold an event in the region specifically to help anyone in business, whether they are about to start up, have just started up or are looking for advice to start up or even which direction to go in.
On Friday AmandaCarlin.co.uk is holding the Get2buisness 09 Event designed with new businesses in mind. There will be a number of exhibitors all willing to assist anyone moving forward with a new idea.
Industry leading speakers will deliver presentations from Business Link, Ashley Law, Internet with Integrity, and Fearless Living.
n For more information on attending as an exhibitor or delegate contact 0845 527 1707 or email: email@example.com - www.g2b09.com for more information.
* EXPAND Your World and Get2Buisness in 09 - the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard has two tickets for the event at the prestigious Orton Hall Hotel in Peterborough next Friday (June 19).
Designed with new businesses in mind, the event will give delegates the opportunity to hear leading speakers from industry.
The tickets start at �20 per person and all delegates will receive a goody bag, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch.
For one of the two tickets all you have to do is let us have your name, address and contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to our office at 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ. Entries must be received by Wednesday (June 17).
Logos: 0209SM609/ 0210SM609