Woman tried to steal parcel
AN attempt was made to steal a parcel from the doorstep of a Wisbech house, and police are eager to trace a woman seen in the area at the time. The attempt took place on Friday, April 13 after the parcel had been left on the doorstep of a house in Oakley
AN attempt was made to steal a parcel from the doorstep of a Wisbech house, and police are eager to trace a woman seen in the area at the time.
The attempt took place on Friday, April 13 after the parcel had been left on the doorstep of a house in Oakley Close ready for collection later that day. A workman inside the house saw a woman, who was delivering leaflets in the area, bend down and pick it up.
The owner of the parcel subsequently challenged the woman in the street as she walked away. The owner found the parcel in the woman's bag and took it back.
Police would like to hear from anyone who recalls seeing the woman delivering leaflets.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Colin Norden said: "I would like to trace this woman, who is thought to be in her late teens. She has dark hair, which was tied in a pony tail and she carried a blue rucksack. She wore jeans and a light coloured coat and spoke in a foreign accent.
"Thankfully for the victim, she was alerted her parcel had been removed by some workmen."
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Norden at Wisbech police station on 0845 456 4564.