Woman tried to steal parcel
AN attempt was made to steal a parcel from the doorstep of a Wisbech house, and police are eager to trace a woman seen in the area at the time. The attempt took place on Friday, April 13 after the parcel had been left on the doorstep of a house in Oakley
AN attempt was made to steal a parcel from the doorstep of a Wisbech house, and police are eager to trace a woman seen in the area at the time.
The attempt took place on Friday, April 13 after the parcel had been left on the doorstep of a house in Oakley Close ready for collection later that day. A workman inside the house saw a woman, who was delivering leaflets in the area, bend down and pick it up.
The owner of the parcel subsequently challenged the woman in the street as she walked away. The owner found the parcel in the woman's bag and took it back.
Police would like to hear from anyone who recalls seeing the woman delivering leaflets.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Colin Norden said: "I would like to trace this woman, who is thought to be in her late teens. She has dark hair, which was tied in a pony tail and she carried a blue rucksack. She wore jeans and a light coloured coat and spoke in a foreign accent.
"Thankfully for the victim, she was alerted her parcel had been removed by some workmen."
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Norden at Wisbech police station on 0845 456 4564.