Woman seriously injured as car leaves Wisbech road and enters dry ditch
A WOMAN was rushed to hospital by air ambulance after the car she was driving left a Wisbech road and entered a ditch. The collision happened in Redmoor Lane on Sunday at about 4.15pm. The silver Renault Clio left the road and entered a dry ditch. A dog w
A WOMAN was taken to hospital with serious injuries after the car she was driving left a Wisbech road and entered a ditch.
The collision happened in Redmoor Lane on Sunday at about 4.15pm. The silver Renault Clio left the road and entered a ditch which was not filled with water.
A dog was also in the car, but when emergency services arrived it was being looked after by a member of the public.
Two fire crews from Wisbech and a crew from Dogsthorpe were called and rescued the woman using specialist cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance. A police spokeswoman described her injuries as “serious but not life threatening”.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze