Woman jailed in Peterborough for stealing from 86-year-old after going into her house to use the bathroom
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been jailed for 32 months after stealing from an 86-year-old who invited her into her home.
Marie Jurcikova, 24, called at the woman’s home in Woodston, Peterborough, with accomplice, Marek Gabor, 25, and asked if she could use the bathroom on December 28 last year.
Jurcikova asked for £5 and was given a small pot of change.
Gabor asked to use the toilet and stole the victim’s purse with £50 inside, while Jurcikova stood and drank a cappuccino with her.
The pair then said they were going outside for a cigarette before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
After police were called, officers matched DNA left on the coffee mug to Jurcikova. As officers arrested her, they noticed Gabor matched the description given by the victim and arrested him.
Jurcikova, of Oundle Road, Woodston, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to burglary and was sentenced on Wednesday (October 3) at Peterborough Crown Court to 30 months for the burglary and a further two months for failing to surrender to police.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
Gabor, also of Oundle Road, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years, with an automatic deportation order, in July.
PC Martin George said: “Jurcikova and Gabor purposefully targeted and exploited an elderly woman.
“This sentence shows the tough stance the criminal justice system takes on burglary and will hopefully deter others from doing the same.”