Woman jailed for 22 weeks for assaulting the father of her child - Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies
A WOMAN who has a baby by Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies has been jailed for 22 weeks, for assaulting the child s father while drunk. Margaret Cassidy – who has admitted to having a drink problem -- was sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday. The c
A WOMAN who has a baby by Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies has been jailed for 22 weeks, for assaulting the child's father while drunk.
Margaret Cassidy - who has admitted to having a drink problem -- was sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday.
The court was told that Cassidy had been visited in jail by Mr Davies and her baby while she was on remand in prison earlier this month.
The baby boy has been cared for by Mr Davies' wife, and Mr Davies had found a new home for Cassidy away from the hotel, if she was not jailed.
You may also want to watch:
Her father had also offered Cassidy a home, because he believed the Rose and Crown was "a bad influence."
Solicitor John Clarke said: "The last visitor she had in prison was Mr Davies, who brought the baby. He is trying to keep the baby in touch with her; she will lose touch if she is given a prison sentence."
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
Drunken Cassidy assaulted Mr Davies in the Market Place hotel on July 14 last year, when their child was just 12 weeks old. She bit Mr Davies and hit his face - and Mr Davies sat on her until police arrived.
Last year the hotel was featured on the TV documentary The Hotel Inspector.
Earlier this month the court remanded Cassidy in custody because she had failed to co-operate with the probation service, after the court ordered a report. The 28 days she spent on remand will count as part of her sentence.
Back in November, Cassidy was found guilty of assaulting Mr Davies, following a trial. The assault had put Cassidy in breach of a six week suspended sentence she was given for an assaulting of assaulting co-owner of the hotel, Jacqueline Noot, and damaging a flower pot belonging to Ms Noot.