Woman jailed for 22 weeks for assaulting the father of her child - Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies
A WOMAN who has a baby by Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies has been jailed for 22 weeks, for assaulting the child s father while drunk. Margaret Cassidy – who has admitted to having a drink problem -- was sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday. The c
A WOMAN who has a baby by Wisbech hotelier Jonathan Davies has been jailed for 22 weeks, for assaulting the child's father while drunk.
Margaret Cassidy - who has admitted to having a drink problem -- was sentenced by Fenland magistrates on Tuesday.
The court was told that Cassidy had been visited in jail by Mr Davies and her baby while she was on remand in prison earlier this month.
The baby boy has been cared for by Mr Davies' wife, and Mr Davies had found a new home for Cassidy away from the hotel, if she was not jailed.
You may also want to watch:
Her father had also offered Cassidy a home, because he believed the Rose and Crown was "a bad influence."
Solicitor John Clarke said: "The last visitor she had in prison was Mr Davies, who brought the baby. He is trying to keep the baby in touch with her; she will lose touch if she is given a prison sentence."
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Drunken Cassidy assaulted Mr Davies in the Market Place hotel on July 14 last year, when their child was just 12 weeks old. She bit Mr Davies and hit his face - and Mr Davies sat on her until police arrived.
Last year the hotel was featured on the TV documentary The Hotel Inspector.
Earlier this month the court remanded Cassidy in custody because she had failed to co-operate with the probation service, after the court ordered a report. The 28 days she spent on remand will count as part of her sentence.
Back in November, Cassidy was found guilty of assaulting Mr Davies, following a trial. The assault had put Cassidy in breach of a six week suspended sentence she was given for an assaulting of assaulting co-owner of the hotel, Jacqueline Noot, and damaging a flower pot belonging to Ms Noot.