Woman airlifted to hospital in critical condition after being struck by van in Wisbech
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has suffered life-threatening injuries after being struck by a van in Wisbech.
She has been rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital via air ambulance following the collision on Whitby Street near North Cambs Hospital on December 4.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Officers were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 10.03am to reports of a collision between a van and a pedestrian.
"Officers attended the scene, together with paramedics and firefighters.
"A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition."
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called to Wisbech at around 10am today to reports of a collision.
"We sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
"Crews treated a patient at the scene before transporting them to Addenbrooke's Hospital for further assessment and care."
- More as we get it.