Woman airlifted to hospital in critical condition after being struck by van in Wisbech
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has suffered life-threatening injuries after being struck by a van in Wisbech.
She has been rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital via air ambulance following the collision on Whitby Street near North Cambs Hospital on December 4.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Officers were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 10.03am to reports of a collision between a van and a pedestrian.
"Officers attended the scene, together with paramedics and firefighters.
"A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called to Wisbech at around 10am today to reports of a collision.
"We sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
"Crews treated a patient at the scene before transporting them to Addenbrooke's Hospital for further assessment and care."
- More as we get it.