Woman airlifted to hospital in critical condition after being struck by van in Wisbech
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has suffered life-threatening injuries after being struck by a van in Wisbech.
She has been rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital via air ambulance following the collision on Whitby Street near North Cambs Hospital on December 4.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Officers were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 10.03am to reports of a collision between a van and a pedestrian.
"Officers attended the scene, together with paramedics and firefighters.
"A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition."
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called to Wisbech at around 10am today to reports of a collision.
"We sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
"Crews treated a patient at the scene before transporting them to Addenbrooke's Hospital for further assessment and care."
- More as we get it.