Woman dies after collision in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A 79-year-old woman who was involved in a collision with a van in King’s Lynn has died.
Heather Lord was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after she suffered multiple broken bones and serious head injuries in the crash on Saturday morning.
Her family said that she passed away peacefully on Monday night.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident, which happened at around 10am on Saturday, at the junction of Railway Road and Norfolk Street.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at about 2.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the incident.
Anyone who saw the crash should contact PC Andy Goodway at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry