Woman died of multiple injuries in collision on the A47 at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened into the death of a pedestrian who was killed in a collision on the A47 at Wisbech.
Anita Raikstina, 48, of no fixed abode, died in the collision which involved a black Volkswagen Touran and happened at about 9.15pm on Friday August 22.
Senior Coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire, William Morris, said the cause of death was provisionally given as multiple injuries.
A man walking with the female pedestrian has been helping police work out what caused the fatal collision.
The woman died when she was in a collision with a black Volkswagen Touran on the A47 between the Begdale roundabout and the Elme Hall Hotel.
The car had been travelling east on the Wisbech bypass.
The collision happened on the eastbound carriageway at around 9pm and the road remained closed for five hours for forensic accident investigators to complete their inquiries.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
The A1101 at Elm and the B198 at Wisbech, where the incident took place, is near to the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border and firefighters from both counties were called to the scene.
A police spokesman would only confirm this week that the female pedestrian, believed to be from Eastern Europe, was with a man when the collision happened.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called to the incident at 9.08pm. We sent several resources to the scene including two ambulances. However, one woman was confirmed dead at the scene.”
The police spokesman said details were released now that next of kin in her home country had been found and notified.