Woman cut out of vehicle and hospitalised after car ends up in ditch on A1101, Sutton Road, Four Gotes
- Credit: Archant
A woman was hospitalised this morning after a crash on the A1101, Sutton Road, Four Gotes in which a car ended up in a ditch.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the woman by removing the roof of the overturned car.
She was left in the care of ambulance staff said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
Crews from Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue, Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue, East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Lincolnshire Police, Spalding Police and Cambridgeshire Police were called to the incident at 6.30am.
The road was closed after the two-vehicle incident at around 7.30am but re-opened at 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The incident has attracted concern from a number of people on social media who deem the road - which has seen a number of accidents over the last few years - as dangerous.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call police on 101 and quote Incident 62 of 17/11/16.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers