WISBECH: Youngsters visit London as research for new Wisbech park
By ADAM LAZZARI ELEVEN youngsters got involved in plans to bring a new adventure play park to Wisbech when they went on a fact-finding trip to London. Six members of Wisbech Youth Council and five members of the Queen Mary Centre youth club joined counci
By ADAM LAZZARI
ELEVEN youngsters got involved in plans to bring a new adventure play park to Wisbech when they went on a fact-finding trip to London.
Six members of Wisbech Youth Council and five members of the Queen Mary Centre youth club joined council officials and adult Wisbech residents on last Thursday's visit to the capital.
They looked at two parks, in the deprived areas of Tottenham and Tower Hamlets.
Tanya Edgell, Cambridgeshire County Council's locality manager for Wisbech, said: "We saw how these parks are managed and spoke to local residents about issues such as noise and anti-social behaviour.
"It was a useful trip and it will help us to move this project forward.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
"We want to get young people involved in this and listen to their views."
Plans for the Wisbech park, which will be aimed at eight to 13 year olds, are now in the consultation stage.
Funding is being provided by the Department of Children, Schools and Families.
The venue and timescale are to be decided.
Wisbech residents will have the opportunity to hear more and have their say at a consultation meeting, due to take place in the near future.
It is hoped that this will take place next month but details are to be finalised and will be published in the Wisbech Standard when they are known.