Wisbech woman relishing new start after being helped by Papworth Trust
- Credit: Archant
A Fen woman says she is looking forward to her best Christmas for a long time after a charity found her the “perfect” job.
Susan Lemmon, 58, from Wisbech, who had been unemployed for six years, now works at Lilian Rose Flowers.
She had been out of work following two hip replacements which resulted in a broken pelvis, leaving her with limited mobility.
The 58 year old first heard about the florist at an open day organised by Papworth Trust, which helps long term unemployed people to find and keep jobs.
The open days are arranged to let job hunters and prospective employers meet up.
She was offered an initial two-week work trial taking orders and answering the telephone, and has now been offered a permanent role.
She said: “It was very depressing being at home all the time. I didn’t think I would get into work again because I was really limited in what I could do.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
“This job is perfect for me as I am mainly answering the phone and taking orders. If I do need support I know that everyone in the office will help me. It makes such a difference having understanding employers.
“Papworth Trust made me feel confident about working again. They really did help me a lot.”
Papworth Trust offers local employers a free recruitment service, including job matching.
To find out more, e-mail email@example.com or phone 0300 333 6535.