Wisbech runner finally gets ballot place in Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 after applying every year for seven years
- Credit: ARCHIVE
A runner from the Fens has finally secured a ballot place in the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon after applying every year for the last seven years.
Sarah Rippon, who lives in Wisbech, will still be raising money for her chosen organisation even though she didn’t secure a charity space.
The 52-year-old will be raising cash for the Wisbech Sea Cadets. She and her husband are both ex-cadets and former members of the T.S Falcon group.
Mrs Rippon has already raised more than £350 of her £1,500 target for the club and she says she cannot wait to see the members’ faces when they hear what she has raised.
She said: “As an ex-serving member of the unit, I had some really good memories of my time there, making new friends from different sea cadet units.
You may also want to watch:
“Helping in the community and learning all kinds of different things, like canoeing, swimming, drill practicing, shooting, camping and being in a team.
“I have also spent a week at HMS Raleigh and did quite a few competitions along the way and know I think it’s time for me to pay them back.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
“I was in the sea cadets for several years and with your help I would like to raise funds to buy equipment. It would be so satifying to see the cadets faces when they get new equipment.”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sarah-rippon-1