Wisbech washing machines are a wash out
- Credit: Archant
The outdoor launderette is being taken away from the Horsefair Shopping Centre Wisbech today little more than a year since the service was launched.
The machines are owned by national firm Photo Me, which provides a range of booths and vending machines.
A spokesman for Horsefair said: “They are being removed as they were not being used enough.”
The machines were available 24/7 but despite offering two different wash loads of eight kg and 18kg, as well as an 18kg dryer, the machines did not get used widely enough to make them worthwhile.
When they were launched last year a shopper at the time said: “Love the concept but why would you want to pull out your dirty laundry in the middle of town?”
You may also want to watch:
The first outdoor launderette was in Nottingham in 2014.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs