Wisbech washing machines are a wash out
- Credit: Archant
The outdoor launderette is being taken away from the Horsefair Shopping Centre Wisbech today little more than a year since the service was launched.
The machines are owned by national firm Photo Me, which provides a range of booths and vending machines.
A spokesman for Horsefair said: “They are being removed as they were not being used enough.”
The machines were available 24/7 but despite offering two different wash loads of eight kg and 18kg, as well as an 18kg dryer, the machines did not get used widely enough to make them worthwhile.
When they were launched last year a shopper at the time said: “Love the concept but why would you want to pull out your dirty laundry in the middle of town?”
You may also want to watch:
The first outdoor launderette was in Nottingham in 2014.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre