Walk safely campaign for school children launched in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Barhale is supporting a walk to school campaign with Clarkson Infants and St Peter’s Junior School in Wisbech.
The campaign, which hopes to encourage school children in Wisbech to walk to school, is being supported by Barhale, a civil engineering and infrastructure company.
A competition was launched for the children to create a campaign logo and St Peter’s pupil, Hannah Key, won the contest with her ‘Walk with me’ design.
Hannah’s creation is now being displayed on four signs, one on each of the gates of the schools.
A local business has also produced plaques and car stickers of Hannah’s design and another company has provided 300 high visibility jackets for pupils to make walking to school safer.
You may also want to watch:
The schools are in heavy traffic areas, forcing a committee to form, consisting of parents, residents and a school representative to try and make the area safer.
A local resident said: “We’ve been concerned about the number of cars in the area around the school and felt that if we could engage with the children and make them want to walk to school, it would rub off on their parents and cut down on the amount of traffic.”
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan