Wisbech unattended bonfire spreads out of control, prompting fire service warning
- Credit: Archant
Fire chiefs have issued a warning after an unattended bonfire spread out of control last night.
At 8.38pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to a fire in the open in Redmoor Lane, Wisbech.
A medium-sized bonfire had been left unattended and firefighters used hose reels to extinguish it.
The crew returned to station by 9.25pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A CFRS spokesman said: “Bonfires can quickly become out of control and spread to houses, trees and fencing - especially when they’re left unattended.
“We would advise anyone to avoid having a bonfire and instead take material to a local waste and recycling site.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
“If you do choose to have a bonfire, then ensure it is built well away from trees, foliage and other property.
“Pay attention to the weather, including wind direction, and never leave it unattended.”