WISBECH TOWN: Players as you may never have seen them before....
HERE are some of Wisbech Town s footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them. The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club s annual presentation night. Supporter Spencer Larham said: First team striker Billy Smith and g
HERE are some of Wisbech Town's footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them.
The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club's annual presentation night.
Supporter Spencer Larham said: "First team striker Billy Smith and goalkeeper Chris Horton got a big laugh when they came together as Batman and Robin. They recreated a scene from Only Fools and Horses by turning up in a clapped out Reliant Robin."
Paul Cousins won the manager's, players' and Fenmen on-line player of the year awards for the first team.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Smith was the first team's leading scorer and supporters' player of the year.
For the reserve team, Paul Eagling was the manager's player of the year, Simon Oakley was the players' player of the year and Scott McManus was the leading goal scorer.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
Alex Street won the under-18s manager's and players' player of the year and Daniel Fysh was the leading goal scorer.
David Parsons was awarded clubman of the year, ball boy Brandon Elmes was given a special award for services to the first team and Jordan Bliss was given the future star award.
*Back row, from left to right: Tom Gosling, Lee Day, Grant Rider, Scott McManus, Stuart Ablett, Jackie Gallagher, Steve Appleby, Scott Cubberley, Chris Horton and Darren Jimson. Front row: Stuart Cobb, Lewis Cook and Paul Cousins.
Picture: SPENCER LARHAM