WISBECH TOWN: Players as you may never have seen them before....
HERE are some of Wisbech Town s footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them. The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club s annual presentation night. Supporter Spencer Larham said: First team striker Billy Smith and g
HERE are some of Wisbech Town's footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them.
The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club's annual presentation night.
Supporter Spencer Larham said: "First team striker Billy Smith and goalkeeper Chris Horton got a big laugh when they came together as Batman and Robin. They recreated a scene from Only Fools and Horses by turning up in a clapped out Reliant Robin."
Paul Cousins won the manager's, players' and Fenmen on-line player of the year awards for the first team.
Billy Smith was the first team's leading scorer and supporters' player of the year.
For the reserve team, Paul Eagling was the manager's player of the year, Simon Oakley was the players' player of the year and Scott McManus was the leading goal scorer.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 7 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 8 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 10 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
Alex Street won the under-18s manager's and players' player of the year and Daniel Fysh was the leading goal scorer.
David Parsons was awarded clubman of the year, ball boy Brandon Elmes was given a special award for services to the first team and Jordan Bliss was given the future star award.
*Back row, from left to right: Tom Gosling, Lee Day, Grant Rider, Scott McManus, Stuart Ablett, Jackie Gallagher, Steve Appleby, Scott Cubberley, Chris Horton and Darren Jimson. Front row: Stuart Cobb, Lewis Cook and Paul Cousins.
Picture: SPENCER LARHAM