WISBECH TOWN: Players as you may never have seen them before....
HERE are some of Wisbech Town s footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them. The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club s annual presentation night. Supporter Spencer Larham said: First team striker Billy Smith and g
HERE are some of Wisbech Town's footballers as the fans are not used to seeing them.
The players wore fancy dress after the trophies were awarded at the club's annual presentation night.
Supporter Spencer Larham said: "First team striker Billy Smith and goalkeeper Chris Horton got a big laugh when they came together as Batman and Robin. They recreated a scene from Only Fools and Horses by turning up in a clapped out Reliant Robin."
Paul Cousins won the manager's, players' and Fenmen on-line player of the year awards for the first team.
Billy Smith was the first team's leading scorer and supporters' player of the year.
For the reserve team, Paul Eagling was the manager's player of the year, Simon Oakley was the players' player of the year and Scott McManus was the leading goal scorer.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
Alex Street won the under-18s manager's and players' player of the year and Daniel Fysh was the leading goal scorer.
David Parsons was awarded clubman of the year, ball boy Brandon Elmes was given a special award for services to the first team and Jordan Bliss was given the future star award.
*Back row, from left to right: Tom Gosling, Lee Day, Grant Rider, Scott McManus, Stuart Ablett, Jackie Gallagher, Steve Appleby, Scott Cubberley, Chris Horton and Darren Jimson. Front row: Stuart Cobb, Lewis Cook and Paul Cousins.
Picture: SPENCER LARHAM