Wisbech Town Acorns Football Club celebrate 25 years on the pitch
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Acorns Football Club celebrated their 25th anniversary on Saturday (May 19) at Gorefield, Wisbech.
The club hosts the event every year, but this one was special. Designed for club members to “let their hair down”, the day featured games, rides, refreshments, a bouncy castle and a free disco in the evening.
The Acorns FC were formed in 1993 by Alan Knight, who died in 2004.
Players, as usual, were presented awards from their managers and every player received a trophy to say thank you for being on the team.
Mark Brighty, club manager of the under 14s team, said: “We presented four main awards to each age group in the club.
You may also want to watch:
“The Acorns are a football club that accepts any players of any ability.”
In 2016 the club received £3,000 in ‘Grow the Game’ funding from the Football Foundation. The money was awarded to increase participation in football by helping clubs meet the costs of starting new teams.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
For more information visit www.wisbechtownacorns.co.uk or to ask about joining call: 07786962300.