Wisbech Town Acorns Football Club celebrate 25 years on the pitch
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Acorns Football Club celebrated their 25th anniversary on Saturday (May 19) at Gorefield, Wisbech.
The club hosts the event every year, but this one was special. Designed for club members to “let their hair down”, the day featured games, rides, refreshments, a bouncy castle and a free disco in the evening.
The Acorns FC were formed in 1993 by Alan Knight, who died in 2004.
Players, as usual, were presented awards from their managers and every player received a trophy to say thank you for being on the team.
Mark Brighty, club manager of the under 14s team, said: “We presented four main awards to each age group in the club.
You may also want to watch:
“The Acorns are a football club that accepts any players of any ability.”
In 2016 the club received £3,000 in ‘Grow the Game’ funding from the Football Foundation. The money was awarded to increase participation in football by helping clubs meet the costs of starting new teams.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
For more information visit www.wisbechtownacorns.co.uk or to ask about joining call: 07786962300.