WISBECH: Top honours for college student's garden design entry at show
A WISBECH horticulture student has won a silver medal for his garden design entered for a competition at the East of England Show. Ian Deadman attends the College of West Anglia Wisbech Campus and his entry, titled New Beginnings , was the first garden h
A WISBECH horticulture student has won a silver medal for his garden design entered for a competition at the East of England Show.
Ian Deadman attends the College of West Anglia Wisbech Campus and his entry, titled 'New Beginnings', was the first garden he had designed and built.
The 18-year-old was up against tough competition from students and entries from other land-based colleges.
He said: "I am delighted with how the garden has turned out and with the silver medal and I intend to design more gardens in the future, and enter this competition again next year."
You may also want to watch:
Ian is in his first year studying for a BTEC National Diploma in Horticulture and constructed the garden with the help of fellow students and tutor Mark Ekin.
The competition was open to designers who were either studying or just completed a horticulture course.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
Judging was based on the RHS judging criteria as used at both Hampton Court and Chelsea.
For further information on horticulture courses available at the College contact Wisbech Campus 01945 581024.