WISBECH: Top honours for college student's garden design entry at show
A WISBECH horticulture student has won a silver medal for his garden design entered for a competition at the East of England Show. Ian Deadman attends the College of West Anglia Wisbech Campus and his entry, titled New Beginnings , was the first garden h
A WISBECH horticulture student has won a silver medal for his garden design entered for a competition at the East of England Show.
Ian Deadman attends the College of West Anglia Wisbech Campus and his entry, titled 'New Beginnings', was the first garden he had designed and built.
The 18-year-old was up against tough competition from students and entries from other land-based colleges.
He said: "I am delighted with how the garden has turned out and with the silver medal and I intend to design more gardens in the future, and enter this competition again next year."
You may also want to watch:
Ian is in his first year studying for a BTEC National Diploma in Horticulture and constructed the garden with the help of fellow students and tutor Mark Ekin.
The competition was open to designers who were either studying or just completed a horticulture course.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
Judging was based on the RHS judging criteria as used at both Hampton Court and Chelsea.
For further information on horticulture courses available at the College contact Wisbech Campus 01945 581024.