Wisbech to get a taste of Russia
DELICACIES from Russia and other countries in the former Eastern bloc are now available in Wisbech, thanks to a new grocery shop opening in the town. And we are up to 40 per cent cheaper than the supermarkets, said Vadim Dimitrov, owner of Rasskazova, i
DELICACIES from Russia and other countries in the former Eastern bloc are now available in Wisbech, thanks to a new grocery shop opening in the town.
"And we are up to 40 per cent cheaper than the supermarkets," said Vadim Dimitrov, owner of Rasskazova, in Norfolk Street.
"We sell everything that a supermarket sells, like meats, ready made meals and sweets. We are just smaller in size."
It is a new venture for 40-year-old Mr Dimitrov, who has now lived in Wisbech for three years since moving to the town from Russia with his wife Elena and sister Janna.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dimitrov said: "We have some friends who run similar shops in London and Manchester, and I have been given a lot of help by them."
The shop's name, which roughly translates to storyteller, is also his wife's maiden name.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen
They sell food and deli products from Russia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Latvia, Estonia and Ukraine, but Mr Dimitrov also hopes to soon stock British products.
"The products are aimed at people who come from those countries, but they are also something different to try for British people," he said.
Rasskazova, launched three weeks ago, is open seven days a week. Opening times are 10am-8.30pm Monday-Saturday, and 10am-6pm Sunday.