Dedicated volunteers enjoy spending Wisbech Time Credits in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A shopping trip, two-hour lunch and a show in Cambridge were enjoyed by Wisbech families who had volunteered their time to help others.
Thirty four Time Credit members, who had helped out at places such as The Orchards School and Wisbech Child and Family Centre, travelled to the city on December 8.
In Cambridge they enjoyed two hours shopping and lunch before heading off to Cambridge Junction to watch Snow White.
Once the show had begun everyone enjoyed the antics, music and stage presence of the five actors.
Lyn Johnson, from Wisbech Time Credits, said: “During the show I turned back and watched the smile of joy on all the members faces. It was at this moment all the arrangements of the trip were so worthwhile.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to GDS travel who provided the coach transport, and sponsorship by Wisbech Round Table. The trip was a huge success and enjoyed by all.”
Time Credits can be exchanged for all sorts of leisure activities after volunteers have given up their time to help with litter picks, reading schemes for children and caring for the elderly in the community.
If you would like to give your time and start earning Time Credits please visit: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/council/communities-&-localism/time-currency/time-credits/
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police