Dedicated volunteers enjoy spending Wisbech Time Credits in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A shopping trip, two-hour lunch and a show in Cambridge were enjoyed by Wisbech families who had volunteered their time to help others.
Thirty four Time Credit members, who had helped out at places such as The Orchards School and Wisbech Child and Family Centre, travelled to the city on December 8.
In Cambridge they enjoyed two hours shopping and lunch before heading off to Cambridge Junction to watch Snow White.
Once the show had begun everyone enjoyed the antics, music and stage presence of the five actors.
Lyn Johnson, from Wisbech Time Credits, said: “During the show I turned back and watched the smile of joy on all the members faces. It was at this moment all the arrangements of the trip were so worthwhile.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to GDS travel who provided the coach transport, and sponsorship by Wisbech Round Table. The trip was a huge success and enjoyed by all.”
Time Credits can be exchanged for all sorts of leisure activities after volunteers have given up their time to help with litter picks, reading schemes for children and caring for the elderly in the community.
If you would like to give your time and start earning Time Credits please visit: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/council/communities-&-localism/time-currency/time-credits/
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 10 Illegal anglers spotted across Cambs during close season clampdown