WISBECH: Thomas Clarkson shows big improvements as GCSE results are announced
STAFF, students and parents at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech are celebrating massively improved GCSE examination results. Twenty four per cent of students achieved 5A*-C including English and maths, an eight per cent increase from last ye
STAFF, students and parents at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech are celebrating massively improved GCSE examination results.
Twenty four per cent of students achieved 5A*-C including English and maths, an eight per cent increase from last year. Boys improved by nine per cent and girls by seven per cent.
There were outstanding results in Biology (90%), Chemistry (86%) and Physics (86%). English results improved by three per cent to 35% and Maths results improved by 13% to 36%. Science achieved 46% A*-C.
Top performers included Rohit Kishor and Jennifer Moore who both achieved 9 A* and A grades and passed in every subject. They will be going on to study A levels.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Strudwick, Acting Headteacher was pleased with the improvement and said: "What has really been important to the improvement in our results is the hard work of the students, staff and families - good results are only achievable when everyone works as a team.
"We have improved on the results last year and it is a good sign that Thomas Clarkson is making progress. We now aim to build on this foundation and to make further improvement with the continued support of students, staff, families and the community.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family