New route and timetable for Wisbech Tesco bus service
- Credit: Archant
Changes to the Wisbech Tesco bus service will come into effect next week.
Fenland District Council is trialing a new route and timetable for its service 68 bus from Monday, October 1, to offer a more frequent service to popular stops such as Tesco on Cromwell Road and the Horsefair Bus Station.
The changes have been made following passenger feedback received during the first 12 months of the pilot service.
Councillor David Oliver, portfolio holder for transport, said: “Passengers have told us which parts of the route they use most often and which they don’t, and we have used that information to create a new route and timetable.
“We’ve been able to focus on the more popular parts of the route and offer a more frequent service to those areas by removing the stops which haven’t generated much use.”
You may also want to watch:
Timetables showing the changes are available in various outlets across Wisbech and on the council’s website at www.fenland.gov.uk/wisbechtescobus.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad