New route and timetable for Wisbech Tesco bus service
- Credit: Archant
Changes to the Wisbech Tesco bus service will come into effect next week.
Fenland District Council is trialing a new route and timetable for its service 68 bus from Monday, October 1, to offer a more frequent service to popular stops such as Tesco on Cromwell Road and the Horsefair Bus Station.
The changes have been made following passenger feedback received during the first 12 months of the pilot service.
Councillor David Oliver, portfolio holder for transport, said: “Passengers have told us which parts of the route they use most often and which they don’t, and we have used that information to create a new route and timetable.
“We’ve been able to focus on the more popular parts of the route and offer a more frequent service to those areas by removing the stops which haven’t generated much use.”
Timetables showing the changes are available in various outlets across Wisbech and on the council’s website at www.fenland.gov.uk/wisbechtescobus.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant