New route and timetable for Wisbech Tesco bus service
- Credit: Archant
Changes to the Wisbech Tesco bus service will come into effect next week.
Fenland District Council is trialing a new route and timetable for its service 68 bus from Monday, October 1, to offer a more frequent service to popular stops such as Tesco on Cromwell Road and the Horsefair Bus Station.
The changes have been made following passenger feedback received during the first 12 months of the pilot service.
Councillor David Oliver, portfolio holder for transport, said: “Passengers have told us which parts of the route they use most often and which they don’t, and we have used that information to create a new route and timetable.
“We’ve been able to focus on the more popular parts of the route and offer a more frequent service to those areas by removing the stops which haven’t generated much use.”
You may also want to watch:
Timetables showing the changes are available in various outlets across Wisbech and on the council’s website at www.fenland.gov.uk/wisbechtescobus.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter