Wisbech Tennis Club hold annual singles finals despite ‘blustery conditions’
- Credit: Archant
Despite “blustery conditions” the Wisbech Tennis Club still went ahead with their annual singles finals event which saw some “good end to end games”.
The finals – held on Sunday, September 9 – saw a battle between Seth Briggs-Williams and Justin Jackson that saw Justin injure himself towards the end.
The injury forced Jackson to withdraw from the competition, crowning Briggs-Williams the winner of the men’s finals.
The ladies final was between Wendy Cropp and Laura Brett – Laura was playing her first ever final.
A spokesman said: “There were some good end to end games and the final score was 6 – 2 to Wendy. A BBQ was held after the presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
The club has launched new coaching courses for anyone wishing to break into the competitive sport.
The spokesman added: “Wisbech Tennis Club prides itself on being a friendly local club, welcoming people of all ages and standards, including beginners.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
“We have four mixed, two men’s and two ladies teams competing in both West Norfolk and the Huntington and Peterborough leagues for those members looking for a more competitive game.”
For more information, visit: www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or call: 07549 263767