Wisbech Tennis Club hold annual singles finals despite ‘blustery conditions’
- Credit: Archant
Despite “blustery conditions” the Wisbech Tennis Club still went ahead with their annual singles finals event which saw some “good end to end games”.
The finals – held on Sunday, September 9 – saw a battle between Seth Briggs-Williams and Justin Jackson that saw Justin injure himself towards the end.
The injury forced Jackson to withdraw from the competition, crowning Briggs-Williams the winner of the men’s finals.
The ladies final was between Wendy Cropp and Laura Brett – Laura was playing her first ever final.
A spokesman said: “There were some good end to end games and the final score was 6 – 2 to Wendy. A BBQ was held after the presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
The club has launched new coaching courses for anyone wishing to break into the competitive sport.
The spokesman added: “Wisbech Tennis Club prides itself on being a friendly local club, welcoming people of all ages and standards, including beginners.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“We have four mixed, two men’s and two ladies teams competing in both West Norfolk and the Huntington and Peterborough leagues for those members looking for a more competitive game.”
For more information, visit: www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or call: 07549 263767