Wisbech Tennis Club father and son travel to Nottingham Tennis Centre for Quorn Family Tennis Finals
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech father and son duo travelled to Nottingham Tennis Centre representing Wisbech Tennis Club as part of the Quorn Family Tennis Finals.
Ollie Beck and his dad James took part in the event which was played during the Nature Valley Nottingham Open (June 9-17).
In the first round the children were divided into six groups of four couples.
Ollie won his first two matches and lost one match against a couple that eventually went on to be runners up overall.
In the second half of the competition Ollie won one match and lost the other.
You may also want to watch:
The standard was pretty high and Ollie’s group all played lovely tennis with lots of good rallies.
Following the tournament they both got to look around all the courts and saw several professional women playing.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 8 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 9 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 10 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
Ollie also met Tobias Simon a 27 year old German Tennis player who had won his match earlier in the day.
Visit wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.