Wisbech Tennis Club father and son travel to Nottingham Tennis Centre for Quorn Family Tennis Finals
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech father and son duo travelled to Nottingham Tennis Centre representing Wisbech Tennis Club as part of the Quorn Family Tennis Finals.
Ollie Beck and his dad James took part in the event which was played during the Nature Valley Nottingham Open (June 9-17).
In the first round the children were divided into six groups of four couples.
Ollie won his first two matches and lost one match against a couple that eventually went on to be runners up overall.
In the second half of the competition Ollie won one match and lost the other.
You may also want to watch:
The standard was pretty high and Ollie’s group all played lovely tennis with lots of good rallies.
Following the tournament they both got to look around all the courts and saw several professional women playing.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
Ollie also met Tobias Simon a 27 year old German Tennis player who had won his match earlier in the day.
Visit wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or email email@example.com for more information.