Wisbech Tennis Club father and son travel to Nottingham Tennis Centre for Quorn Family Tennis Finals
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech father and son duo travelled to Nottingham Tennis Centre representing Wisbech Tennis Club as part of the Quorn Family Tennis Finals.
Ollie Beck and his dad James took part in the event which was played during the Nature Valley Nottingham Open (June 9-17).
In the first round the children were divided into six groups of four couples.
Ollie won his first two matches and lost one match against a couple that eventually went on to be runners up overall.
In the second half of the competition Ollie won one match and lost the other.
The standard was pretty high and Ollie’s group all played lovely tennis with lots of good rallies.
Following the tournament they both got to look around all the courts and saw several professional women playing.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 3 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
Ollie also met Tobias Simon a 27 year old German Tennis player who had won his match earlier in the day.
Visit wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or email email@example.com for more information.