Open day at Wisbech Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
If you have been watching the tennis at Wimbledon and would like to learn to play, meet new friends, get fit, or get back into tennis, why not come along to an open day at Wisbech Tennis Club this Saturday (July 14).
There is no need to book, just turn up anytime between 11am and 1pm at the courts next to the Hudson Leisure Centre.
The club has two all-weather hard courts, two grass courts and a purpose-built mini-court suitable for children and the less mobile.
Equipment will be provided and a coach on hand for advice. Adults and children of all abilities are welcome to attend.
Wisbech Tennis Clubs Mens and Ladies teams were both in action last week. The Men’s A team got off to a flying start in their first match of the season in the Hunts and Peterborough league with a win away at St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
The team of Gary Fitzjohn, Ryan Daly, Jac-Marcus Goult and James Giles had a 5-3 win, enduring some very long games in the heat.
The Ladies A team (pictured below) of Margaret Pendall, Wendy Cropp, Jacqui West and Jane Page had a home game in the North West Norfolk League on Friday.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
They beat Great Massingham by 5-3 and were unlucky not to win a tie break set early in the match.
For more information on the club visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or call 07549 263767.