Wisbech teenagers raise over �1,400 for the Princes Trust after successful race night
TWO teenagers have raised more than �1,400 for the Princes Trust after holding a successful race night at Wisbech St Mary Social Club.
Stephanie White and Claire Pollington hosted a fantastic evening of racing at Wisbech St Mary Community Centre, also holding a raffle and a large auction to amass the spectacular sum of �1,330.30. This was then boosted by a further donation of �100 by The Black Bear at Wisbech.
Auctioneer, and Wisbech St. Mary Chairman of Trustees, Paul Albutt sold a variety of goods to the highest bidders, including a Christmas cake and meal vouchers. All the money raised will go the charity, which helps support young people across the country.
Stephanie said: “We would like to thank all of the local businesses and individuals who kindly donated prizes for the evening.
“Thank you to everyone who supported us with this event and all who attended, it was a very enjoyable evening.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very pleased to have raised so much money for such a large and reputable charity in what was our first fund raising event.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter