Wisbech Taxi driver has car vandalised and is robbed of his cash tray
THE chairman of Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association Dave Patrick is considering offering two rewards of �250 after he endured a nightmare weekend. More than �1,200 worth of damage was done to Mr Patrick s taxi at around 1am on Saturd
THE chairman of Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association Dave Patrick is considering offering two rewards of �250 after he endured a nightmare weekend.
More than �1,200 worth of damage was done to Mr Patrick's taxi at around 1am on Saturday when a group of youths kicked in his car outside Emneth Central Hall.
They had just been fighting with three people he had picked up.
On Saturday evening at around 7.30pm a cash tray containing more than �200 was stolen when he was parked near the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
You may also want to watch:
A young man jumped into his taxi and ran away with the tray which was placed under the driver's seat.
Mr Patrick said: "In 13 years as a taxi driver I have never experienced anything like this."
- 1 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
Mr Patrick is due to speak to the Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association today about putting up a reward.
More details to follow.