Wisbech Taxi driver has car vandalised and is robbed of his cash tray
THE chairman of Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association Dave Patrick is considering offering two rewards of �250 after he endured a nightmare weekend. More than �1,200 worth of damage was done to Mr Patrick s taxi at around 1am on Saturd
THE chairman of Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association Dave Patrick is considering offering two rewards of �250 after he endured a nightmare weekend.
More than �1,200 worth of damage was done to Mr Patrick's taxi at around 1am on Saturday when a group of youths kicked in his car outside Emneth Central Hall.
They had just been fighting with three people he had picked up.
On Saturday evening at around 7.30pm a cash tray containing more than �200 was stolen when he was parked near the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
You may also want to watch:
A young man jumped into his taxi and ran away with the tray which was placed under the driver's seat.
Mr Patrick said: "In 13 years as a taxi driver I have never experienced anything like this."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Mr Patrick is due to speak to the Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association today about putting up a reward.
More details to follow.