Wisbech Swimming World consultant Tina meets Stephen Mulhern at Slimming awards - and looks ahead to successful 2017
- Credit: Archant
A Slimming World consultant from Wisbech has got the magic touch when it comes to weight loss - according to TV presenter Stephen Mulhern.
Tina Rust, who runs a Slimming World group at The Rosmini Centre every Monday, was delighted to get a chance to meet Stephen when he presented the annual Slimming World Awards.
Tina said meeting magician Stephen was a wonderful way to round off a great 12 months for the local Slimming World group, as well as a brilliant way to get ready for another successful year.
“I couldn’t be prouder of the members of the Wisbech group,” she said.
“They’ve lost fantastic amounts of weight throughout 2016, with many of them making their weight loss dreams come true by hitting their target weight, improving their health and confidence, and more.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn’t think possible before losing weight, whether that’s having more energy and confidence, wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or doing more with their family and friends.
“Every week I feel so lucky to play even a small part in people’s achievements and I felt very honoured to represent the Wisbech Slimming World group when I met Stephen.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
“He was bowled over by the difference Slimming World makes to people and how it changes their lives, so meeting him has re-inspired me and now I feel super motivated to support even more people in Wisbech to lead healthier, happier lives in 2017.”
Stephen, who presents Catchphrase, Britain’s Got More Talent and Big Star’s Little Stars, said: “The stories I heard from people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out – were so inspirational.
“While all of their stories were different, the one thing they all had in common was how much they felt they owed to their ‘Slimming World family’. Every one of them spoke passionately about how they felt that they couldn’t have achieved everything they had or made the changes they have to eat more healthily and become more active without the support, advice and encouragement of their group each and every week.
“So people like Tina are clearly very important.”