Wisbech students take top prizes at College of West Anglia’s Student of the Year awards
- Credit: Archant
Three students from Wisbech were recognised for their achievements throughout the last academic year at the College of West Anglia’s Student of the Year awards.
Paul Angold, Nathan Redworth and Callum Ogden all scooped the top prize for their excellent work in their respective categories.
The trio collected their awards at a swanky presentation evening at the Alive Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn last night (June 29).
18-year-old Callum was named as student of the year for technology, while Paul, 19, and Nathan, 17, won top prize for their achievements in maths and foundation studies respectively.
Students from all three of the college’s campuses – Wisbech, King’s Lynn and Cambridge – were recognised, and principal, David Pomfret, was delighted to reward the students for their hard work and dedication.
He said: “These awards are always a personal highlight of the year. I would like to thank all the families, friends and employers who have come to celebrate with the students, for supporting and encouraging these young people during their studies at CWA.
“I would also like to thank those staff and tutors who have enabled students to reach their potential and the college governors for their unstinting support.”
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire