Wisbech students take top prizes at College of West Anglia’s Student of the Year awards
- Credit: Archant
Three students from Wisbech were recognised for their achievements throughout the last academic year at the College of West Anglia’s Student of the Year awards.
Paul Angold, Nathan Redworth and Callum Ogden all scooped the top prize for their excellent work in their respective categories.
The trio collected their awards at a swanky presentation evening at the Alive Corn Exchange in King’s Lynn last night (June 29).
18-year-old Callum was named as student of the year for technology, while Paul, 19, and Nathan, 17, won top prize for their achievements in maths and foundation studies respectively.
Students from all three of the college’s campuses – Wisbech, King’s Lynn and Cambridge – were recognised, and principal, David Pomfret, was delighted to reward the students for their hard work and dedication.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These awards are always a personal highlight of the year. I would like to thank all the families, friends and employers who have come to celebrate with the students, for supporting and encouraging these young people during their studies at CWA.
“I would also like to thank those staff and tutors who have enabled students to reach their potential and the college governors for their unstinting support.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months